As data scientist engineer / specialist you will primarily learn how to translate business challenges into technical predictive models that support a better decision making. As data scientist you will be well-equipped to store and clean large amounts of data, explore data sets to identify valuable insights, build predictive models, and run data science projects from end to end.
- Research and develop statistical models for analysis;
- Understand company needs and devise possible solutions by collaborating with product management/owners and the DevOps team;
- Communicate results and statistical concepts to key business stakeholders;
- Use appropriate databases and project designs to optimize joint development efforts;
- Develop custom data models and algorithms;
- Build processes and tools to help monitor and analyse performance and data accuracy;
- Use predictive modelling to enhance and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and more;
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
Who are you:
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind-set and capable of assessing and evaluating risks;
- Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
- Thrives in an international context;
- Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
- Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility.
Industry: International Accountancy
1st contract: 9 months by payroll
Extension: permanent contract with the client
Hours: 36 per week
- As data scientist you should have a Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, mathematics, econometrics, physics or statistics.
- You have strong mathematical and analytical skills. Also, you have knowledge of advanced statistical methods and concepts.
- Experience working with R or Python
- Experience in statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques (like boosting, generalized linear models/regression, and social network analysis);
- Experience visualizing and presenting data;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A proactive approach, with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Willing to learn the Dutch language in the first year
- Excellent knowledge and communication skills in the English language
Nice to have:
- Experience working with SQL or java
- Experience with cloud services, preferably Azure Cloud Services;
- Experience analyzing data from third-party providers like Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc.;
- Experience working with distributed data and computing tools like Hadoop, Hive, Map/Reduce, MySQL, and Spark;
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology;
We will need the following information from you:
- Most up to date cv, in the English language, in a Word format
- Solid motivation which describes you as the right professional for this job