Infra Structuur Specialist
Meerdere functies beschikbaar
You are responsible for the availability and correct working of the workplace and all related parcels with a team of specialists.
As an experienced specialist infrastructure at workplace services, you perform technical management at the VDI workplace and on related parcels. You are responsible for the (proactive) management of the workplace, solve complex problems and incidents and take care of structural solutions. You may participate in infrastructural projects that touch the infrastructure of the workplace.
- Regular management tasks
- Solving complex problems and incidents in the workplace Environment (2nd and 3rd lines)
- Commit Changes
- Accepting and installing (applicative) of back-end servers.
- Distribution of packagethe applications to workstations MBV SCCM
- Customizing VDI images using SCCM (Task sequence)
- Intake and testing of Thinapp and MSI applications
- Technical guidance of the packaging process
- Documenting and registering
- Consignment Service
The School of Education (DUO) is the implementation Organisation for education and works on behalf of the Ministry of OCW. DUO finances and informs educational participants and educational institutions and organises exams. This makes DUO good education possible. As an organisation that employs good education, DUO is a reliable, partner for clients. As an expert in the field of financial and administrative processes and as a connoisseur of the field of education, DUO performs laws and regulations correctly and efficiently.
About the Workplace services department:
The WPD department is positioned within DUO under the Department of Infrastructure & Exploitation (I&E) within the Directorate ICT Supply. The ICT Supply Directorate consists of a technical infrastructure department and a software development department.
The Workplace Services department consists of two clusters. WPD-EUC (EndUser Computing) and WPD-MAC (messaging and Collaboration). WPD-EUC is responsible for managing 3100 workplaces at both the main location in Groningen, the location in The Hague and a number of Service offices and key locations throughout the Netherlands. This is primarily a VDI workplace based on VMware View. The workplace is unlocked through a Thin Client. The key locations still use FAT clients. The current OS at the workstations is Windows7 but the migration to WINDOWS10 starts ASAP. All VDI workstations run on a hyper converged solution from Nutanix.
The WPD-MAC cluster manages Exchange, SharePoint 2016, MDM, and Skype for Business. We currently use Exchange 2010 and complete the migration to Exchange 2016 within two months. In addition to normal mail usage, Exchange is used for SMTP server/application relay. MDM is done through Citrix XenMobile, but we have plans to set up VMware Workspace One.
Where necessary, the clusters within WPD support each other. The work is organized through the Scrum Agile principles.
This year (around the summer) we as a team also manage the workplace (3000 extra workstations) and the Exchange environment for the rest of the OCW Ministry. These are built following the DUO blueprint with some customer specific additions including a laptop/convertible as an access device. VMware Workspace One is used to manage the access device and manage other mobile devices.
- HBO work and thinking level.
- ICT related training on CV.
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE certification in the workplace and/or server area
- In-depth knowledge and experience with (virtualized) workplace environments in general and VDI environments based on VMware products (View) in particular.
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows 7/10, Windows 2012/2016
- Demonstrable knowledge & experience with Application management
- Demonstrable knowledge & experience with Server management
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with application virtualization techniques (preferably Thinapp);
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with Task Sequences, application distribution and Windows updates in SCCM;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with workplace virtualization based on Horizon Instant Clones and Full Clones;
- Designing and modifying Group Policy settings (Group Policies and Group Policy preferences);
- Demonstrable (only) experience with PowerShell and/or Vbs scripting is desirable;
- Demonstrable knowledge of roaming user profiles via Distributed File System (DFS).
- Knowledge and experience within large organisations [government, retail, telecom] similar ICT infrastructure, information systems and their coherence
- Knowledge and experience with SCCM (current branch 1806), VMware Workspace One, VMware UEM, Vmware App Volumes and GPP (Group Policy Preferences).
- Knowledge and experience with technical and functional test pathways from ThinApp and MSI.
- Scrum/Agile experience/knowledge. English-speaking candidates may also be offered.
- Project Participations, worked at similar organisations
- Microsoft certification
- Good at analyzing problems
- Team player
- Structured and accurate working
We would like to receive the following information before the closing date in the application:
- Most recent CV, in Word format, in Dutch [without logos etc.], and up to 6 x A4 size
- Good motivation, focused on the application
- Brief explanation of the requirements, wishes and competences in the application. Please describe briefly, only yes or no is not acceptable
- Availability [Please also allow for holidays]