Network / DevOps Engineer
Would like to work for our client in Amsterdam, The Netherlands? Read on.
As a (official function title) DevOps Engineer you will be part of the Global Network Standardisation (GNS) squad. The GNS squad is part of the Global Tribe Data Centre & Networks and acts cross Tribe / our client wide to formulate, align, communicate and advice on the definition and implementation of our client's global network standards.
Our client is working on a ‘One bank’ strategy, in which the availability of one common and standardized ICT infrastructure is crucial to support our business processes.
Especially the standardisation of our client's network is an essential building block in this covering a broad variety of subjects like:
- LAN and Wi-Fi
- WAN (global and in-country)
- routing and IP address management
- DNS & DHCP
- Data Centre networking
- network security / zoning
- Internet and cloud connectivity
- firewall / firewall automation
- browse proxy
The GNS squad is looking for help with two types of roles:
- DevOps Engineer Medior
- The GNS ‘editor’ role
You are supporting the GNS squad with:
- the preparations of the GNS team meetings
- the (content) management of standardisation documents: between the workgroups, within the GNS squad, with our client's standardisation bodies (Enterprise Architects, Technology Standards Board, Management Team Tech Infra)
- the communication of the approved networking standards to our client's network community (preparation of mail/newsletters – including the management of ‘network community’ resources overview)
- the publication on and the management of the GNS Intranet site
- You have a DevOps mindset, and at least 3 years experience in a DevOps working envirement
- You are an energetic ( medior) network engineer with excellent (English) communication skills (speaking – writing).
- You have (preferably) 3-5 years in depth knowledge on one network area and a broad interest on (our client's) networking in general.
- You are outgoing, pro-active and get things done ‘with a smile’ when communicating with a large variety of people of different cultures and from different backgrounds (network professionals/designers/architect, CIOs and other (IT) management from the different ING countries and units).
- Your intellectual/professional basis is OK: intellectual IT ability at University level or Bachelor's degree is a pre
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in the requested technologies and skills
- We offer the opportunity to work on the edge of network standardisation within our client's and in an international team/environment.
- The base location is the Netherlands (Amsterdam) ; but contacts with other locations (Rotterdam, Belgium, Poland, Germany, Spain, Singapore, US (NY) ) are part of the work package.