Senior Java Developer - Technical Java Lead
Are you the Senior Java Developer with technical lead abilities who is eager to learn and apply agile principles to expand ASML’s fastest growing business?
As senior developer of a software team, you will be responsible for developing code and coaching the team to take ownership in the realization of the associated software functionality.
You are challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context. You are focused on and motivated by realizing business value. You’re passionate about driving a team to perform at its maximum potential via continuous improvement. You have the required experience with Object Oriented software development to be able to guide the evolution of the YieldStar software applications in your scope. You like working in an agile software development context using modern software technologies such as Java.
You guide and assist software realization using Java software technology and apply a scrum based, agile way of working. In addition you challenge and support the associated software technology roadmap and its updates by contributing to the software development and architecture.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are crucial. You will work towards meeting and exceeding expectations and you are flexible. You are ambitious and willing to embrace the opportunity to improve. You will identify and understand the needs of our clients and be responsive, logical, flexible and quality focused. To achieve your mission, you initiate meetings to analyze issues and to support, steer, and plan solutions.
You will be part of the HMQ (Holistic Metrology Qualification) development team of ASML. This is a full stack Java development team which develops an overlay recipe optimization application. It uses the metrology information from the YieldStar together with the processing power of ASML’s Litho Insight platform. As such there are ties with many parts of the software of Business Line Applications and, as such, also interfaces with multiple teams.
- Lead in software design
- Interface with product architects and algorithm team
- Drive refinement process to be more effective
- Create vision on SW solutions and architecture
- Secure quality of team deliverables
- Coach team members
- Assessment of functional and integration risks
- Address and if necessary escalate bottlenecks
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 8+ years
Team: Research & Development
Client: ASML Veldhoven
Contract: 12 months
Extension: permanent contract
- >5 years in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment
- Experienced in Java software development, at least 8 years
- Experienced in software architecture concepts and (anti-)patterns, at least 5 years
- Somebody who still codes
- Knowledge and understanding of agile methodology/ideology and scrum in particular
- Active listening, giving feedback
- Strives for continuous improvements, makes suggestions and encourage team members
- Coaching/teaching/delegation skills • Sensitive to company politics. Able to influence without power in the organization
- Thinks systematically
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
- Most up to date cv, in the English language
- Solid motivation which describes you as a professional, and as a person
- Short explenation to all the red highlighted points in the request