SQL DevOps Analyst
Joining the Treasury ALM Tribe and specifically the EBA Net Interest Income Stress Testing Migration squad positions you in a fast-moving change environment. We aim to rebuild our approach to EBA NII Stress Testing, deliver the upcoming 2025 EBA NII ST from our target ALM data-source, and perform the scenario NII projections with a new calculation engine. Our approach is expert-driven with a focus on understanding and delivering sound results. This project is in the spotlight of management board and top management across business lines, which enables fast decision making, a great podium and has plenty opportunities to learn and grow. And you can join us.
Treasury ALM Tribe and the EBA NII Stress Testing Migration Squad:
The Treasury ALM Tribe facilitates the wider Treasury department by providing key ALM metrics and analyses. You will be part of the cross functional EBA NII ST Migration squad responsible for the EBA NII Stress Test migration which includes the data-migration to the strategic data-platform, fitting in the new calculation engine, and, ultimately, the execution of the EBA NII ST. The cross functional structure, with a wide range of competences ranging from IT data-developers to ALM Experts, allows us to move fast and realize quick (data) iterations which contributes to the delivery on our ambitious timelines.
Practical examples of the work
• Build data-logic from various data-sources to fulfil the EBA ST data-requirements, for example on the banks derivatives positions.
• Understand the business rationale of the complex SQL data-logic in the legacy database Ocean; explain this logic to the business using business language, and together decide whether to retain or adapt this logic.
• Discuss with the business the impact of data-changes to the derivatives position, and the expected NII generated from these instruments.
• SQL DevOps analyst; translate business/EBA requests into data logic, and the other way around, translate SQL logic found in complex databases back into business language.
• Gather, translate and analyse data from various data-sources to fit the EBA NII Stress Testing template.
• Design data-logic for missing or incorrect data-points, and analyse impact of proposed solution on the NII results.
• Iterate with bi-weekly senior ALM expert panel on delivered Minimal Viable Products (MVP’s).
Together we can achieve more; We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our squad.
We apply the agile way of working, which allows us to deliver tangible results in a smooth cycle of minimal viable product deliveries. Also, our squad is truly cross functional: consisting of members from both Treasury BSM, ALM change, regulatory reporting and tech. This structure allows us to have fully shared end-to-end responsibility, i.e. from sourcing the data to the final product: to deliver the EBA NII Stress Test template.
Some quotes from the team best describe the benefits of this cross departmental way of working:
“A major motivator to have shared end-to-end responsibility; from data to template”
“Limited cross-department dependencies”
“Insightful discussions on balance sheet structure and NII drivers”
“Quick data-iterations; to refine, discuss and test with final user”
[Squad Members EBA NII Stress Testing Squad]
This approach contributes to our ambitious timelines. The agile routines such as bi-weekly sprint planning and regular stand-ups enable us to keep focus on our key-deliveries, without being distracted.
SQL DevOps Analyst.
Kandidaat moet reeds in Nederland verblijven (candidate must live in the Netherlands).
Duur: 15-01-2024 - 31-07-2024 met optie op verlenging.
Taal: English mandatory.
ZZP: Niet toegestaan (not allowed).
Aanbieden kan tot: 21-1-2024 16.00.
Senior SQL DevOps Analyst – Project for ALM Tribe / EBA NII Stress Testing Migration squad
You are a critical team player with a hands-on mentality, result oriented and eager to learn. You have strong analytical skills and enjoy working with data. You have experience as business analyst or a similar role in a financial institution. You understand the complexity of financial instruments such as derivatives and understands the balance sheet composition of a bank and how it generates Net Interest Income.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications and skills:
• Excellent SQL skills
• A Bachelor/Master’s degree in Finance or IT;
• At least 5 years of experience working in a relevant field
• The ability to translate data into understandable insights
• You enjoy working in a dynamic fast-moving, agile project team with continuous delivery
• A team-player with strong communication skills
Sharing would be appricatied! Paylaşırsanız sevinirim! Do you want to work for our client in The Netherlands? Hollandada ICT alaninda calismak?
Let’s meet! Are you the person we’re looking for?
If you are, we are happy to receive your application including your motivation.
Growing a better world together: You'll already be aware that our client is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- A third of all the food we purchase is thrown away. Together with Nature & Environment, we’re working to increase awareness among consumers of how to reduce food waste.
- As part of a project with Humanitas, we are helping people who are experiencing financial difficulties to get their household finances in order.
- Together with ‘Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland’ (the Dutch Council for Refugees), we are helping 1,500 refugees find a suitable job.
Interested? Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you fuel and invest in your career and ambitions in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
Our client is a financial service provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries, you know already. Our Red Team works for all the locations of our client in all these countries.
Do you also know that we are working together on a better world? We do this in 101 ways like for example our knowledge and experience of Ethical Hacking and Red Teaming sharing with other organizations and "hackers". That belongs to us at ' growing a better world together '
Working conditions This job role is split between operational (run) and project (build) work (75%/25%). Some changes are planned outside business hours to minimize business impact. This job vacancy is for the location Utrecht (NL).
Do you want this too?
Be the best version of yourself? We are happy to help you by focussing your development and investing in an environment in which you continue to learn. We give you the space to innovate and undertake. For example, we offer you plenty of growth opportunities and help you surpass your expectations and do the right things exceptionally well, so that you can grow as a professional.
- On top of that you can also count on us (based on a 36-hour working week):
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly income). How you bet this budget is up to you. Consider buying extra holiday days or an additional deposit in your pension;
- Relatively high flexibility in working hours and location independent work, depending on the planning in the team;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting if you travel with ov! Anyway with car or motorbike?
Then choose a commuting fee;
- A pension scheme that you only contribute 5% to.
Let's get acquainted.
Are you him/her? The new colleague who wants to strengthen our clientas and to make the difference for yourself, our customers and society? We would like to receive your application on this vacancy.
Useful to know: Even if you do not meet the profile of 100%, but you think the role can be perfectly fulfilled, we ask you to apply, we invest in your growth and development.
Responses are handled in accordance with vacancy management.
Felix de Bruin IT Recruiter is happy to answer questions about the application process via mail or applying to the according link.
Screening is part of the application process. We test on the basis of the screening procedures that apply within our client or if new employees are sufficiently reliable to carry out work at our client.
For this vacancy, an individual assessment and a test of your skills can be part of the application process.
Everyone is different, and precisely the differences in people help us to be an even better bank. That's why we are curious about who you.